Warm apples with just the right amount of spice, topped with a buttery, sweet oatmeal topping. Apple crisp is the quintessential fall recipe!
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 10-12 servings
7 medium apples (roughly 3 lbs.)
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar (divided)
2 sticks melted butter (divided)
2 tsp. cinnamon (divided)
2 cups old-fashioned
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and core apples and then slice 1/4” thick.
- Place apples on USA Pan Half Sheet Pan.
- Toss the apples with the lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. of the melted butter, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp. salt.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- While apples are baking, combine the oats, flour, remaining brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 tsp. salt.
- Break up any large lumps then stir in the remaining melted butter and stir with a fork until moistened and crumbly.
- Remove apples from oven and carefully remove foil.
- Scatter crumble on top and return to oven for 15 minutes.